Check your application deadlines here.
The application deadline is 15 January
Programmes with a numer fixus are:
The application deadline is 1 May (the early bird deadline is 15 January).
Some of our bachelor’s programmes have a matching module for enrollment in September. Participation in the matching module is a compulsory part of the admission and application procedure for all applying students of these programmes:
- Arts, Media and Society
- Bio-Farmaceutische Wetenschappen
- Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
- Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
- English Language and Culture
- Film- en literatuurwetenschappen
- Molecular Science & Technology
- Nederlandse taal en cultuur
- Pedagogische wetenschappen
- Philosophy: Global and Comparative Perspectives
- Security Studies
The application deadline is 15 March (the early bird deadline is 1 December)
Read more information about the application procedure of Leiden University College The Hague
If you need a student visa or residence permit, the application deadline is 1 April.
The same deadline applies to students who already have a Dutch residence permit for study purposes and need to extend it.
If you do not need a student visa or residence permit, the deadline to apply for admission is 15 June.
The application deadline is 1 November. The deadline is earlier than for other programmes because colloquium doctum applicants may have to take Dutch pre-university (VWO) exams, for which the national registration deadline is 31 December.
Colloquium doctum is a special admission procedure that you can apply for if:
- you do not have a diploma that grants university admission
- you are 21 or older on the day that your proposed study programme commences
Read more about the Colloquium Doctum Procedure
Take note: Not all programmes have the same deadlines; always check the individual programme descriptions for application deadlines.
If you don’t have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission, you’ll have to complete a two-part application procedure:
- It involves first registering your application(s) in the national system Studielink.
- A day later you will receive log-in details for Leiden University’s application system (uSis), where you can complete your application.
You must submit your application via Leiden University’s application system (uSis), before the deadlines above. So don’t delay; if you haven’t registered in Studielink and activated your uSis account in time to apply by the deadline, you’ll miss out!
If you want to request accommodation via Leiden University, apply early! Accommodation is offered on a first-come first-served basis and there is limited availability, which means the university cannot guarantee accommodation. Submit both your application for admission and your housing request well before the deadlines. You don’t have to wait for a decision on your application before submitting your housing request.
Read more about how and when to arrange housing
If you want to apply for a scholarship, grant or loan, please bear in mind that different deadlines apply, and these deadlines can often be earlier. Deadlines vary per scholarship. Visit the scholarship website for more details.