Check your application deadlines here.
Application deadlines postponed
***update in relation to corona crisis***
Leiden University has decided to postpone the following deadlines:
- The application deadline of 1 May (for Dutch prospective students and students with a EU nationality) will in principle shift to 1 June. This also applies to programmes with a compulsory matching procedure. The study choice check remains part of the admission procedure and can be taken online.
- The deadline for non-EU/EER students for admission to a bachelor's programme has been postponed to 1 May, the deadline for visa applications has been postponed to 15 June.
- The deadline for bachelor's programmes with a limited capacity (numerus fixus) still remain unchanged.
Please check the application deadlines.
Be aware: Leiden University has postponed some of the application deadlines, check the message above on htis page
The application deadline is 15 January
Programmes with a numer fixus are:
The application deadline is 1 May (the early bird deadline is 15 January)
Programmes with a compulsory matching module are:
The application deadline is 1 April (the early bird deadline is 1 December)
Read more information about the application procedure of Leiden University College The Hague
The application deadline is 1 April
The application deadline is 15 June
The application deadline is 1 November.
Colloquium doctum is a special admission procedure that you can apply for if:
- you do not have a diploma that grants university admission
- you are 21 or older on the day that your proposed study programme commences
Read more about the Colloquium Doctum Procedure
Take note: Not all programmes have the same deadlines; always check the individual programme descriptions for application deadlines.
If you don’t have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission, you’ll have to complete a two-part application procedure:
- It involves first registering your application(s) in the national system Studielink.
- A day later you will receive log-in details for Leiden University’s application system (uSis), where you can complete your application.
You must submit your application via Leiden University’s application system (uSis), before the deadlines above. So don’t delay; if you haven’t registered in Studielink and activated your uSis account in time to apply by the deadline, you’ll miss out!
If you want to request accommodation via Leiden university Housing Office, apply early! Accommodation is allocated on a first-come first-served basis and there is limited availability, which means the Housing Office cannot guarantee accommodation. Submit both your application for admission and your housing request well before the deadlines. You don’t have to wait for a decision on your application before submitting your housing request. Read more about when to arrange housing.
If you want to apply for a scholarship, grant or loan, please bear in mind that different deadlines apply, and these deadlines can often be earlier. Deadlines vary per scholarship. Visit the scholarship website for more details.