Now that you are aware of your master’s admission requirements, it's time to check the application deadlines.
If you need a visa or residence permit the deadline is 15 October*.
If you do not need a visa or residence permit the deadline is 1 December.
* For all students with a application deadline of 15 October: due to the problems with Studielink the deadline has been postponed to 1 November. But we strongly recommend you to complete your application as early as possible.
If you need a visa or residence permit the deadline is 1 April.
If you do not need a visa or residence permit the deadline is 15 June.
Be aware: Not all programmes have the same deadlines; always check the individual programme descriptions for application deadlines.
If you want to apply for housing through the Leiden University Housing Office other deadlines apply. Our advice: as housing cannot be guaranteed, apply for housing and pay the housing fee as soon as possible. Deadlines for payment of the housing fee are: 1 June (September intake) and 15 November (February intake), but don’t wait!
- If you need to apply for admission make sure you initiate your application in Studielink a week before the application deadline. After this first step you will be sent log-in details for our online application portal (uSis) where you can apply for admission. This can take a couple of days. So please take this into consideration when planning your application and don’t wait till the last minute.
- Make sure that you submit your complete application before the deadline. If your application is not complete before the deadline, it will not be processed.
- On top of that, you may have to take an additional entrance exam or submit additional documentation. If you apply at the last minute, you risk missing deadlines, such as those for housing or visa applications.
- Late applications will only be considered in exceptional cases, and at the discretion of the faculty Board of Admissions.
- Please read the explanation of the application procedure carefully.