Check your application deadlines here.
Take note: Not all programmes have the same deadlines; always check the individual programme descriptions for application deadlines.
- If you need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 1 April.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 June.
- If you need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 October.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 1 December.
If you don’t have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission, you’ll have to complete a two-part application procedure:
- It involves first registering your application(s) in the national system Studielink.
- A day later you will receive log-in details for Leiden University’s application system (uSis), where you can complete your application.
You must submit your application via Leiden University’s application system (uSis), before the deadlines above. So don’t delay; if you haven’t registered in Studielink and activated your uSis account in time to apply by the deadline, you’ll miss out!
If you want to request accommodation via Leiden university Housing Office, apply early! Accommodation is allocated on a first-come first-served basis and there is limited availability, which means the Housing Office cannot guarantee accommodation. Submit both your application for admission and your housing request well before the deadlines. You don’t have to wait for a decision on your application before submitting your housing request. Read more about when to arrange housing.
If you want to apply for a scholarship, grant or loan, please bear in mind that different deadlines apply, and these deadlines can often be earlier. Deadlines vary per scholarship. Visit the scholarship website for more details.