Admission as a study abroad or exchange student is based on a number of factors.
1. Nomination by home university (only for students from partner universities)
- Not applicable for independent fee-paying study abroad students, or if you are applying for a traineeship, research project or internship.
- Be aware that some exchange agreements are limited to a specific faculty or discipline, which means you will not be able to follow courses at other faculities/institutes. Check with your home university coordinator whether there are limitations on the type of courses you may follow.
2. Academic requirements
- You should have completed at least two years of university education.
- You must have a GPA of at least 3.2 out of 4.0 (or equivalent).
- Your academic background must be relevant to the courses you are applying for. For some courses, specific prerequisite knowledge is required – see the prospectus for details.
3. English language requirements
The minimum test scores required are:
- TOEFL: 90 (internet-based)
- We do not accept the following types of test: TOEFL My Best ™ scores (multiple test scores combined), TOEFL Essentials™ or institutional tests such as ITP.
- We can accept the TOEFL IBT Special Home Edition™ and TOEFL IBT Paper Based™ for admission to the academic year 2022-2023.
- IELTS Academic: 6.5
- We do not accept IELTS General Training or IELTS Indicator
- Cambridge English Exam: C1 Advanced with a minimum score of 180, or C2 Proficiency.
- Test results may be no more than two years old.
- Chinese students should take either an IELTS or a TOEFL internet-based test, then apply for a Nuffic certificate.
Submitting an English language test result is not required if:
- You are an Erasmus+ applicant and have been granted exemption from submitting an English test by your home university coordinator.
Note that Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility students are not exempted.
- You have completed your secondary education in the USA, the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada (except French-taught programmes in Canada), Singapore, South-Africa or Malta.
- You have an (English-taught) International Baccalaureate secondary school diploma.