You will be asked to upload the following documents in your online application:
- Copy of your valid passport or EU ID card
Showing your personal details and photo.
- Copy of your EU residence permit
Only if you have one.
- Copy of your official university transcript(s) showing all grades obtained to date:
- In the original language and accompanied by official translations if not in English, Dutch, German or French.
- Unofficial transcripts are not accepted.
- Masters students: submit both your bachelor’s and master's transcripts.
- Independent fee-paying students: also send certified copies of your transcript (with original stamp and signature) to this address by post, for the attention of “Mobility Team inbound”.
- List of courses in progress
If your transcript does not show courses in progress, submit a separate list.
- Letter of motivation
A personal statement explaining why you have chosen Leiden University and what you would like to accomplish here. 700 words max.
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
Check under Admission requirements whether you need to submit an English test result and the types of test accepted. Note that you are welcome to apply before obtaining your English test result. In this case, if you are admitted, it may be on condition of submitting a sufficient test result.
- Independent fee-paying or traineeship/research project applicants only:
Proof that you are registered and actively studying at a university. For example, a current student registration card or official statement from your university.
- Upon request only: letter of recommendation
These are generally not required. However, in some cases, a faculty may ask you to submit a letter of recommendation after applying for one of their courses. If a letter is requested it must describe your skills, qualities and competencies; be written by an academic member of staff; be written on letterhead paper, signed and bearing the full contact details of the referee (for verification purposes).