Registration for semester 1 (2020-2021) is open.
Coronavirus measures & Academic year 2020-2021
Due to the corona virus, education in the academic year 2020-2021 will largely be given online and only where possible in our buildings. We ask you to take this into account when making your choice in A la Carte and / or Contract education.
For more information and updates about the measures, please consult the university's corona file.
Registration takes place using the registration form below (available until August 14, 2020). Your registration is only final after receipt of your payment.
Once you have been registered, we will send you your:
- letter of confirmation (containing e.g. timetable information)
- unique student number
- registration card
- ULCN account log-in details
The people at the Student Information Desk will take care of your uSis registration for the lectures and examinations/written assignments – you don’t have to do this yourself.
Registration for semester 1 starts on June 15th 2020 and ends on August 14th 2020.
Registration for semester 2 starts on November 16th 2020 and ends on January 15th 2021.
Please note: due to the administrative handling of the registrations we are compelled to comply with these deadlines.
REGISTRATION FORMRegistration Contract education
Cancellation and refunds
You can cancel your registration up to two weeks before the semester starts. For the first semester, the final cancellation date is 21 August 2020; for the second semester it is 18 January 2021. If you cancel your registration after the cancellation deadline, you will have to pay the following administration costs:
- Before the course starts: 10% of the course fee
- If you cancel in the first week of the course: 40% of the course fee
- If you cancel in the second week or later, you will have to pay the full course fee.
An exception may be made in the event of:
- force majeure (on medical grounds)
- the university’s cancelling a course without offering a suitable alternative
No refund will be made in the event of a teacher falling ill or being substituted. To be eligible for a refund, you must return your registration card. If no payment has yet been made, you will be sent an amended invoice.
If you successfully complete the course, your marks and ECs will be recorded in uSis (student registration system). You can request your transcript by e-mail at the end of the examination period. If you decide to convert your registration into a regular (bachelor’s/master’s degree programme) registration, you may be able to request an exemption for modules you have already completed.
As a contract student, you have the right to:
- use Brightspace, Leiden University’s digital learning environment
- use the computer rooms
- use the University Library (UB)
- use a uMail address (e-mail)
You do not have the right to:
- student grants or loans
- discounts at the university Language Centre