The registration period for semester 1 of academic year 2021-2022 has started.
Coronavirus measures & Academic year 2021-2022
For more information and updates about the measures, please consult the university's corona file.
Registration takes place using a registration form below (available on this page from June 17 until August 13 2021). Your registration is only final after receipt of your payment.
Upon registration you will receive the following:
- Letter of confirmation (supplemented with information, such as timetables)
- Personal student number
- Registration card
- Login details for a ULCN account (provides access to, for instance, BrightSpace)
(note: if you were already registered in the first semester of the current academic year, your account will remain valid and you will not receive another letter with your account details).
- Please note: the uSis student system is not used with A la Carte Education.
Registration for semester 1 starts on June 17th 2021 and ends on August 13th 2021.
Registration for semester 2 starts on November 18th2021 and ends on January 14th2022.
Please note: due to the administrative handling of all registrations we are compelled to comply with these deadlines. Registration requests after the deadline will not be processed.
REGISTRATION FORM A LA CARTE 2021-2022REGISTRATION FORM
Cancellation and reimbursement
In principal, a series of lectures lasts 13 weeks. No refund is granted when lectures are cancelled due to holidays. If the lecturer cancels a lecture, the first 5 lectures will not be reimbursed. If the sixth lecture (or further lectures) is cancelled, the student can request one-seventh of the course fee per cancelled lecture.
Cancellation is possible until two weeks before the start of the term. For the first term, the cancellation deadline is 23 August 2021; for the second term, the deadline is 18 January 2022. In the event of cancellation after the deadline, the following administration costs are charged:
- Before the start of the course: 10% of the course
- Cancellation in the first week of the course: 40% of the course fee
- Cancellation in the second week of the course or later: the entire course fee is charged
- Force majeure (on medical grounds)
- Cancellation of a course without the offering of a suitable alternative.
In the event that the lecturer falls ill or the lecturer is replaced, no refund is granted. In order to be entitled for reimbursement, you are required to return your registration card. An adapted invoice will be sent if no payment has been made yet.
After completing the course(s) you receive a certificate. The lecturer will present you with the certificate in the final lecture, or it will be sent to your home address after the course. The certificate is only awarded if your attendance was sufficient. This is determined by the lecturer(s) by means of an attendance list. The certificate contains no study results or assessment, since à la carte students do not take exams.
À la Carte students are entitled to:
- use Brightspace, Leiden University’s digital learning environment
- use of computer rooms
- use the Leiden University Library
- a uMail email address
À la Carte students are not entitled to:
- Student grants or loans
- Discount at the Leiden University Academic Language Centre