All our courses require you to do (background) reading. This may include books, readers and/or materials uploaded to the online learning environment Blackboard. You can find an overview of the literature you need to study in the course description in the online prospectus, under the heading ‘Reading list’.
Course books are usually available to buy from:
Ordering online readers
You can order readers and syllabi (but not course books) from Leiden University’s ordering site. To do this, visit Readeronline:
- Log in with your ULCN account.
- Look for the right products by filtering by faculty (Humanities) and programme.
- Select the readers you want to order and add them to your basket.
- Click on ‘Basket’ to confirm and place your order, and to pay.
- Proceed to the payment page and choose your preferred method of payment.
- Indicate whether you would like your order to be delivered, or whether you will pick it up yourself.
- Place your order. You will receive a confirmation e-mail containing an overview of the order and your order number. You will also receive an e-mail confirming payment. Important: you have not yet paid for your order. The order will only be processed once payment has been received.
Once you have paid for your order, the materials will be produced and delivered to your designated delivery address within 5 working days. When the order has arrived, you will receive an e-mail containing a pick-up slip. Show this pick-up slip and your student card to pick up your order.
Most lectures make use of Brightspace. This is the digital learning environment of Leiden University. After your registration is complete, you will be enrolled for your course by our administration.