Support and advice
The Diversity & Inclusion Expertise Office advises the faculties, expertise centres and policy administrations regarding diversity and inclusion. Furthermore, the D&I Expertise Office regularly consults with administrators, portfolio holders, faculty diversity coordinators and diversity officers, sounding boards, committees and networks in the area of diversity and inclusion within the university.
Training courses provide direct support to create awareness and to develop skills necessary for actually realising an inclusive learning and working environment. The D&I Expertise Office closely collaborates with the HR department and ICLON. Tailor-made training courses can be provided upon request.
Examples of training courses for staff
Leiden University is currently developing an Implicit Bias training course in inclusive recruitment, as well as the courses Inclusive Curriculum and Inclusive Pedagogy. Interested? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Diversity & Inclusion Expertise Office organises an annual symposium for all students and staff with lectures and workshops, in order to promote expertise and awareness and to come together as a community.
- From diversity to inclusion: strategies for an inclusive curriculum and learning environment (2019/2020)
- Why community is key (2018)
- How inclusion makes diversity work (2017)
- The making of an inclusive Leiden University. Do's and Don'ts (2016)
- Diversity and Inclusion: Challenging Implicit Bias (2015)
- Excellence through Diversity (2014)
- Excellence through Diversity (2013)