Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Interpretation service

In the Netherlands you may be entitled to an interpreter if you are deaf, hard of hearing or deafblind. You can make free use of a sign language interpreter or a speech-to-text interpreter for a number of hours per year. More information can be found on the UWV website.

Sometimes the use of a speech-to-text or sign language interpreter may also be required to accommodate international guests or for the organization of an event. The Faculty of Humanities offers limited financial support for the costs involved.

Do you wish to make use of this facility? Please contact divers-inclusive@hum.leidenuniv.nl, indicating the reason to hire an the interpreter and an indication of the costs. Financial support depends on the available budget. It is your own responsibility to find an interpreter. A platform such as RTGS can be helpful .

This website uses cookies.  More information.