Leiden Law School
Leiden Law School has a wide range of intensive English-taught master's programmes that offer great opportunities for talented students.
Our LL.M. and MSc. Programmes
The Master of Laws programmes are part of the standard Dutch law curriculum and form the required elements for students wishing to qualify for legal practice in the Netherlands. Four regular LL.M. programmes are English-taught and also accessible for international students. Besides our LL.M. programmes, we also offer MSc. programmes in Criminal Justice and Law and Society.
If you already have some work experience, then our advanced LL.M. programmes might interest you. These programmes are for legal professionals who want to specialise further and expand their career opportunities.
For a total overview of our Dutch and English-taught master's programmes, click here.
Watch this video for an overview of all our international master's programmes.
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or
Find out more
Choosing the right master's can be a challenge. Leiden University offers you different possibilities to orientate yourself or to deepen your knowledge about a specific programme.
- We organise in the fall and spring (online) Master's Open Days during which you can join programme's presentations. Check here when these take place.
- If you have a specific question you can also contact the coordinator of the master's programme you are interested in. Go to the programme's webpage and under 'Contact' you can find his/her email address.
- Or maybe you would like to chat with a current student and hear all about his or her experiences at Leiden Law School? Get in touch easily with one of our Unibuddy ambassadors.
Starting in september
- If you need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 1 April. The same deadline applies to students who already have a Dutch residence permit for study purposes and need to extend it.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 May.