PhD Graduate School of Archaeology
When, after four years or more, you have finished your manuscript, it is time to request the Graduation Formalities to start the defence procedure.
In the PhD regulations is set out which criteria the dissertation has to meet.
Consistent with these PhD regulations you need to take steps in a formal procedure leading to the public defence of a PhD dissertation.
These steps have to be taken by you and your supervisor in LUCRIS GSM.
Please carefully follow this overview of the procedure and consult the manuals if you have any questions.
Also see the information about practical matters concerning the defence ceremony.
- Appendix A Request for exemption from the educational requirements relating to admission to the PhD programme.
- Appendix B Licensing agreement for the inclusion of the dissertation in the Leiden University Institutional Repository.
- Appendix C Letter from the dean to the PhD candidate regarding admission to the defence of the dissertation.
- Appendix D Cum laude regulations.
- Appendix E Ius Promovendi for senior lecturers (UHDs)