PhD Graduate School of Archaeology
LUCRIS/GSM Graduate School Management
The Graduate School Management (GSM) module is a registration and monitoring system for PhD candidates and their supervisors. All information is stored uniformly and made accessible in one place. The GSM module is part of the LUCRIS system. Converis is the software behind LUCRIS.
The GSM module offers functionalities that are designed to facilitate the administrative processing of the PhD track:
- All parties involved in a PhD track can now access relevant files. A party will only have access to specific files when notified.
- Training- and supervision plans have to be uploaded here.
- As a PhD candidate, you can register for the training courses you have followed. Courses offered by HRM will automatically be linked to your course overview.
- The system supports various approvals that occur during the PhD track.
- Many forms (annexes) pertaining to the Leiden University doctorate regulations are integrated into the system and will subsequently cease to exist on paper.
- LUCRIS GSM is divided into three flows:
- Admissions: Starts with the PhD-candidate's application and ends with admission to the Graduate School.
- Supervision Plan: Research and writing phase. It ends when the manuscript is finished.
- Graduation Formalities: Organisation of the defence. Ends with the registration of the result of the defence.
Manuals and instructions can be found in LUCRIS under “Help”.
If you have questions, please email the Graduate School Office: email@example.com.