Leiden Institute of Chemistry
Research and education at the Leiden Institute of Chemistry is controlled by the Scientific Director, the Programme Directors, the WERA and the I-Raad/LIC Council.
The Master's programmes at the Leiden Institute of Chemistry are headed by the Educational Directors: Prof. Lies Bouwman for the Chemistry programme, and Prof. Mathieu Noteborn for the Life Science and Technology programme.
WERA (Scientific Council)
All group leaders and principal investigators participate in the WERA (scientific council). The WERA advises the Scientific Director on all matters related to the research within the institute.
I-Raad (Institute Council)
Next to the WERA, the I-raad/Institute Council is an advisory council that advises on for example budget planning, possible reorganisation plans, structural co-operations with external partners, and the appointment of a new Scientific Director (WD). In addition, the Institute Council is an important means of communication between the WD and the LIC employees that are not a principal investigator. The council meets at least three times a year, but it can also be convoked more frequently by the members of the council or the WD, to discuss about particular topics. For more details see the Faculty of W&N Regulations (paragraph 5, articles 47 and 48).
Composition of the Institute Council
- Remus Dame (chair, associate professor)
- Jörg Meyer (tenure track, assistant professor)
- Jeroen Codee (research staff, assistant professor)
- Agur Sevink (research staff, assistant professor)
- Faezeh Nami (postdoc)
- Anthe Janssen, Roy Pattipeiluhu (PhD students)
- Lianne Reinders (management & education)
- Michelle van der Haar (administrative support)
- Nico Meeuwenoord (research support)
- Arjan Oudshoorn (educational support)
- Jelle Vooijs, Phebe van Langevelde (LST/Chemistry/MST students)
Contact the I-raad
Send your comments, questions or suggestions to: email@example.com. Requests for meeting notes can also be sent to this address.