Leiden Institute of Physics
Outreach and Science Communication
To strenghten ties with the public, press, other academics and wider society, LION employs an outreach officer.
Bruno van Wayenburg writes articles and produces videos about Leiden physics research, among other things. Questions and tips about upcoming publications, events, instruments, prizes, grants, and other newsworthy events are welcome. He is in contact with the communication departments at the faculty and the university level, and with the Science Communication and Society research Group headed by Ionica Smeets. Supervision is by Sense Jan van der Molen.
Other responsibilities and LION Outreach activities include:
- maintenance of the LION website
- the LION Twitter account @LeidenPhysics
- the Leiden Physics Youtube Channel
- the yearly LION Image Award
- maintenance of the wall screen in the Oort building
- maintenance of the muurformules/wall formulas website, painting physics formulas on Leiden city walls, a project by Sense Jan van der Molen and Ivo van Vulpen
- keeping track of and encouraging LION researchers to talking to press and lay audiences
- the monthly LION newsletter
- Recently, Bruno started a Dutch/English language podcast about physics, 'Een Podcast over Natuurkunde', in cooperation with Julia Cramer.
LeidenPhysics Youtube Channel
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or