Governance and Global Affairs
The faculty’s scientific research is organised around a number of centres and institutes in The Hague, city of peace, security and justice.
Staff members conduct research in fields such as global politics, public administration, security, and urban issues. Complex issues are examined from an interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary perspective.
The research programme of the institute concentrates on the analysis of politics and administration of institutional change. The institute is also part of an academic research profile called Political Legtimacy, one of a total of eleven research profiling fields of the University.
The Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs consists of five Chairs:
- European Governance
- International Governance
- Public Sector Management
- Comparative Public Sector Reform
- Public Affairs & Public Policy
The Institute of Security and Global Affairs centers it’s research around four main disciplines:
- Terrorism and political violence
- Security and cyberspace
- Diplomacy and global affairs
- Governance of crises
Other research is conducted in various other faculty centres.
PhD at the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs
- Post-doc positions with salaried remuneration
- Opportunities for scholarship students and students financed externally
- Leiden University Dual PhD Centre The Hague. This centre is responsible for the Interfaculty Dual PhD program of Leiden University. This program focuses on Post-doc students with full-time careers working part-time on their promotion.
Click here for more general information on PhD studies at Leiden University
For questions about PhD studies at the Faculty of Governance and Global affairs please contact us by email through email@example.com
The Faculty adheres to the principle of integrity in academic practice. The Faculty collaborates with the Leiden University faculties of Archaeology, Humanities, Law and Social Sciences.