Governance and Global Affairs
The faculty’s scientific research is organised around a number of centres and institutes in The Hague, city of peace, security and justice.
Staff members conduct research in fields such as global politics, public administration, security, and urban issues. Complex issues are examined from an interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary perspective.
The research programme of the institute of Public Administration concentrates on the analysis of politics and administration of institutional change.
The research programme of the institute of Public Administration consists of five Chairs:
- European Governance
- International Governance
- Public Sector Management
- Comparative Public Sector Reform
- Public Affairs & Public Policy
- Digitalization and Public Policy
The Institute of Security and Global Affairs centers it’s research around six main themes:
- Diplomacy and Global Affairs
- Cyber Security Governance
- Governance of Crises
- Intelligence and Security
- Physical Violence and Public Order
- Terrorism and Political Violence
Other research is conducted in various other faculty centres.
PhD at the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs
- Post-doc positions with salaried remuneration;
- Opportunities for scholarship students and students financed externally;
- Leiden University Dual PhD Centre The Hague. This centre is responsible for the Interfaculty Dual PhD program of Leiden University. This program focuses on Post-doc students with full-time careers working part-time on their promotion;
- More general information on PhD studies at Leiden University.
For questions about PhD studies at the Faculty of Governance and Global affairs please contact us by email through firstname.lastname@example.org
The Faculty adheres to the principle of integrity in academic practice. The Faculty collaborates with the Leiden University faculties of Archaeology, Humanities, Law and Social Sciences.