Governance and Global Affairs
The Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is one of a total of seven faculties of Leiden University, located in The Hague.
The Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is an internationally acclaimed academic knowledge hub that studies world-wide issues from the varied perspectives of governance, politics, law, sociology and economics.
We contribute to far-reaching socio-cultural debate through our acquired knowledge. We aim to do this not only through education and research, but also by organising lectures and debates to learn from.
Our faculty has an entrepreneurial mind set, expressed through a continuous quest for links with other academic disciplines and innovative educational methods.
- Academic and post-academic education and research in the fields of politics, administration, international law and security
- Interdisciplinary approach: innovative combinations of traditional academic disciplines
- Academic entrepreneurship: market-oriented and demand-driven
- Modern teaching philosophy and didactic methods
The faculty consists of three academic institutes.
- Institute of Public Administration
- Institute of Security and Global Affairs
- Leiden University College The Hague
In addition to these, the faculty encompasses the following knowledge centres: