Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges (BA/BSc)

Visa & Residence Permit

If you are going to study in the Netherlands as a foreign student you may need an entry visa (MVV) and/or a residence permit (VVR). Whether you need a visa and/or a residence permit depends on your purpose of stay, the length of your stay and your nationality.

Please complete the following steps:

  1. Check if you need a visa and/or residence permit here
  2. Read the visa / residence permit application instructions
  3. Collect the required documents and make sure you have sufficient funds to cover your living costs and tuition fees
  4. Submit your visa/residence permit application before 15 May 2021 in the online application portal if you wish to start your studies at LUC The Hague

Student visa and residence permit requests are processed by the Visa department of Leiden University. As the programme at LUC starts earlier than regular programmes of Leiden University, you need to submit your application for your visa/residence permit earlier too.

Please note:

  • You can only start the visa/residence permit process after you received an offer to start your studies
  • The visa/residence permit section opens on 1 May 2021
  • You need to submit your application and the required documents before 15 May 2021
  • You need to meet all requirements for admission to LUC before your visa/residence permit application can be submitted to the Dutch Immigration Department (IND). This includes meeting the English proficiency requirement.
  • The process of visa/residence permit approval takes approximately 8 weeks
  • Students who require a visa need to collect the visa in their home country before arriving in the Netherlands
  • The Dutch Immigration Department (IND) needs to approve your request before you move to the Netherlands
  • That an approved visa and/or residence permit is a requirement for official registration at Leiden University

On the following website you can find all the information regarding which documents you need to submit and the contact information of the Visa department.

This website uses cookies. More information.