Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges (BA/BSc)
In order to complete your application for LUC The Hague, you need to submit required documents in the Leiden University application portal.
Please note the following:
- All documents need to be uploaded in pdf format
- Transcripts/Diplomas need to be submitted in the original language
- All other documents need to be submitted in English
- Using the forms provided by LUC is mandatory
- Transcripts/Diplomas not originally issued in English need to be translated to English by a sworn translator or by the school/ institution itself. The translation needs to be uploaded including the untranslated documents
- Diplomas/transcripts issued in Dutch, German or French are accepted in the original language without a translation
Please make sure you upload the copy of your passport (picture page only) or European ID card with which you want to register at the university.
- Upload a copy of your EU passport if you have several nationalities
- Please make sure to scan both sides of your EU ID card
- If you have a residence permit card for The Netherlands, upload a copy of the front and back
- Each applicant is required to submit copies of their most recent transcripts including the first semester grades of the year 2021-2022
- On each transcript your name, academic year and the issue date need to be clearly stated
- Diploma/transcripts need to be submitted in the original language and if applicable accompanied by official translations to English
- Please view the table below which documents you need to upload
- If your first grades for 2021-2022 are not available yet by the time you apply, please upload a note instead indicating when these results will be available and provide them as soon as possible
|US High School applicants||
If you have not graduated yet by the time you apply to LUC The Hague, please request your school to fill out this LUC The Hague Diploma statement. Digital signatures and stamps are not accepted for this document. Once completed by your school you need to upload this document in your online application under the section ‘Prior education’.
All students applying for the programme Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges are required to fill out this LUC Application Form. This completed form needs to be uploaded in the online application portal under the item ‘LUC form’.
Please check the admission requirements on our website prior to filling out this form.
All students applying for the programme Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges are required to fill out this LUC Motivation letter form. This completed form needs to be uploaded in the online application portal under the item ‘Motivation letter’.
All students applying for the programme Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges are required to fill out this LUC-CV form. This completed form needs to be uploaded in the online application portal under the item ‘CV’.
All applicants need to request their school/teacher/counsellor to submit one recommendation on their behalf for their application. The Admissions Committee will only take one recommendation into account for the reviewing of your file, so consider your options before requesting your recommendation. What do you need to do?
- Ask your referee to fill out the LUC recommendation form
- Fill out the LUC recommendation placeholder
- Upload this filled out placeholder under the item ‘Reference letter’
What does your referee need to do?
- Send the filled out LUC recommendation form directly to LUC’s Admissions Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org using a/the school’s email address
- Send in pdf documents only
- Write the recommendation in English
The Admissions Office will add the recommendation letter to your file under a hidden section of the online application portal. This section will not be visible to you as the letters are confidential. If you have submitted your application before the recommendation letter is received, the LUC recommendation placeholder will be replaced with the recommendation letter from your referee. The placeholder will then no longer be visible to you. If you have not submitted your application yet, but the recommendation letter is received, you still need to upload the LUC recommendation placeholder in order to submit your application in the application portal.
Applicants to LUC are required to pay a €50 application fee. You need to upload a proof of payment in the application portal. Please note that:
- The application fee amount is different from all other Leiden University programmes for which you pay a fee of €100.
- LUC’s fee only covers the application for LUC The Hague
- The fee is non-refundable
You can find the bank account details to transfer the LUC application fee in the LUC Application Form.
If you fall in one of the following categories you are exempted from paying any kind of application fee when you apply:
VWO diploma from a Dutch institute of higher education
Bachelor’s degree from a Dutch university or “hogeschool”
Registration as a SAP/Exchange student for a degree programme at Leiden University
Propedeutical diploma from a Dutch university or “hogeschool”
VWO diploma from Aruba, Curaçao or St. Maarten
European Baccalaureate diploma with Dutch as language 1 (NE Taal 1)
The entire programme at LUC The Hague is taught in English and therefore all students need to prove their English Proficiency. Read the English proficiency requirements for the programme here, upload a copy of your obtained English proficiency test if applicable and indicate your English proficiency on the LUC Application form. If you have not taken a test yet but you are required to take one for admission to LUC, indicate which one you will take and when you will take it. That will be sufficient proof in order to submit an application to our programme.
All students must prove that their mathematics skills are sufficient in order to pass the compulsory mathematics course in the first year. Read the mathematics requirement section, upload your most recent transcript that includes mathematics and/or Mathematics test (ACT/SAT/James Boswell) and indicate your mathematics proficiency on the LUC Application form. That will be sufficient proof in order to submit an application to our programme.