Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges (BA/BSc)
To complete your application for LUC The Hague, you need to submit all of the required documents in the Leiden University application portal.
Make sure that you:
Use the forms provided by LUC
Provide all documents in English
Upload pdf versions in the application portal
Upload the LUC form also under the CV section
Click on the required documents below for additional information
Indicate on the LUC form when you will receive your first grades for 2023-2024. If they are not available by the time you apply and provide them as soon as possible via email.
Transcript/Diplomas not originally issued in English, Dutch, German or French need to be accompanied with an official translation to English by a sworn translator or by the school/ institution itself. The translation needs to be uploaded including the untranslated documents.
|US High School applicants||
|French Diplôme de Baccalauréate Générale applicants||
All students applying to LUC need to fill out this LUC Form. Please answer all questions truthfully and upload the LUC form together with the requested additional documents in your online application portal under the item ‘LUC Form’.
Through the LUC form you get to share some of your extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests, forming a short CV. In the application portal please upload the LUC Form also under the CV section. An additional CV is not required.
All students applying for the programme Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges are required to fill out this LUC Motivation form. The completed form needs to be uploaded in the online application portal under the item ‘Motivation letter’.
All applicants need to request their school to fill out the LUC Recommendation form on their behalf for their application. Please take the following into account:
- Only one filled out LUC Recommendation form will be accepted for your application
- The form needs to be filled out by one of your current teachers/ counsellors in school
- The recommendation form needs to be sent to LUC via email by your referee
- Only the LUC recommendation form will be accepted, not additional letters or other formats
- Only a recommendation form in English and from the school’s email address will be accepted
- The Admissions Office will add the recommendation letter to your file under a hidden section of the online application portal. This section will not be visible to you as the letters are confidential.
What do you need to do?
- Ask your referee to fill out the LUC Recommendation form
- Fill out referee section on the LUC Form
What does your referee need to do?
- Send the filled-out LUC Recommendation form directly to LUC’s Admissions Office via email: email@example.com using a/the school’s email address
- Send in pdf documents only
- Fill out the form in English
Applicants to LUC are required to pay a €50 application fee. The bank account details for the bank transfer are available in the LUC form. You need to upload a proof of the bank transfer in the application portal. Please note that:
- The application fee amount is different from all other Leiden University programmes for which you pay a fee of €100
- LUC’s application fee only covers the application for LUC The Hague
- The fee is non-refundable
If you fall in one of the following categories, you are exempted from paying any kind of application fee when you apply:
- VWO diploma from a Dutch secondary school
- Bachelor’s degree from a Dutch university or hogeschool
- Registration as a SAP/Exchange student for a degree programme at Leiden University
- Propedeutical diploma from a Dutch university or hogeschool
- VWO diploma from Aruba, Curaçao or St. Maarten
- European Baccalaureate diploma with Dutch as language 1 (NE Taal 1)
To make it easier to determine admissibility to LUC, you are requested to submit a diploma statement confirming which diploma you will obtain and which courses (including levels if applicable) you are taking in your final year. If this information is clearly stated on your transcripts, a diploma statement is not necessary.
You can ask your school to fill out the LUC Diploma statement or you upload a diploma statement issued by your school itself.