Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges (BA/BSc)
In order to complete your application for the Liberal Arts and Sciences programme at LUC The Hague, you need to submit required documents in the Leiden University application portal.
Please note the following:
- All documents need to be uploaded in pdf format
- All documents need to be submitted in English.
- Documents not issued in English need to be translated by a sworn translator or by the school/ institution itself. The translation needs to be added to the original document and both need to be submitted.
- Grade lists/transcripts issued in Dutch, German or French are accepted in the original language without a translation.
- Using the LUC Motivation Letter form and LUC Application form is mandatory.
- For the Curriculum Vitae requirements have been set. You are strongly advised to follow these requirements carefully when writing your Curriculum Vitae.
Please make sure you upload the copy of your passport (picture page only) or European ID card with which you want to register at the university.
- Upload a copy of your EU passport if you have several nationalities
- Please make sure to scan both sides of your EU ID card
- If you have a residence permit card for The Netherlands, upload a copy of the front and back
All students are required to upload a Curriculum Vitae following these requirements set by LUC. This is to ensure that we get the necessary information to assess your file.
You are required to upload the filled out LUC Motivation Letter Form under the ‘Motivation Letter’ section in the application portal.
Each applicant is required to submit copies of their most recent transcripts including the first semester grades of the year 2020-2021. On each transcript your name and the issue date need to be clearly stated. If your first semester grades are not available yet, submit your first quarter grades and/or indicate when you/your school can provide this document.
|Type of student||Required transcripts|
|VWO students (still need to graduate)||
|US High School Students||
All other students who still need to graduate
All students applying for the programme Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges at LUC The Hague are required to fill out this LUC Application Form. This completed form needs to be uploaded in the online application portal.
Please check the admission requirements on our website prior to filling out this form.
Applicants to LUC are required to pay a €50 application fee. You need to upload a proof of payment in the application portal. Please note that:
- The application fee amount is different from all other Leiden University programmes for which you pay a fee of €100.
- LUC’s fee only covers the application for LUC The Hague
- The fee is non-refundable
You can find the bank account details to transfer the LUC application fee in the LUC Application Form.
If you fall in one of the following categories you are exempted from paying any kind of application fee when you apply:
VWO diploma from a Dutch institute of higher education
Bachelor’s degree from a Dutch university or “hogeschool”
Registration as a SAP/Exchange student for a degree programme at Leiden University
Propedeutical diploma from a Dutch university or “hogeschool”
VWO diploma from Aruba, Curaçao or St. Maarten
European Baccalaureate diploma with Dutch as language 1 (NE Taal 1)
If you obtained an English proficiency test (TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge) and/or Mathematics test (ACT/SAT/James Boswell), you are required to upload the results in the application portal. Check the English and mathematics proficiency requirement if you obtained the minimum scores and make sure to fill out the proficiency sections in the LUC Application Form accordingly.
All applicants need to request their school/teacher/counsellor to submit a recommendation on their behalf for their application.
What do you need to do?
- Upload the name and email address of the person who will provide your recommendation letter under the ‘Reference letter’ section of the application portal.
- Ask one of your teachers to fill out the LUC recommendation form. If your teachers want to provide extra information in addition to the LUC recommendation form, they can add an additional letter on official school paper.
What does your referee need to do?
- Send the filled out LUC recommendation form (and additional written letter if applicable) directly to LUC’s Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Use the school’s email address to send in the documents
- Send in pdf documents only
- Write the recommendation in English
The Admissions Office will add the recommendation letter to your file under a hidden section. This section will not be visible to you as the letters are confidential.