Our information activities can help you make the right study choice. Throughout the year you can get to know Leiden University, our bachelor's programmes and student life in Leiden and The Hague in various ways. Join our events and experience it for yourself!
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or
Start orientating online
How should you choose and to which topics should you pay attention to? Read all study choice tips and take the tests to get to know yourself better. Do you want to know which study options are available? Or do you know where your interests lie, but you don't know yet which programmes are right for you? View the comparison presentations and programme presentations of all our bachelor's programmes.
Visit an Open Day
Once you have a list of programmes you like, it's time to get to know the university better. During the (Online) Open Day you will learn more about Leiden University, our bachelor's programmes, the student cities of Leiden and The Hague, student life and much more. Visit the sessions of the bachelor's programmes that you find interesting, talk to and chat with students, ask your questions to staff members and get a taste of the atmosphere of the university.
Read more about the Open Days
Experience our way of education
Are you in doubt between a number of programmes or are you almost certain of your choice of study? But do you still want to take 'real' lectures at a study programme just to be sure?
- On a Student for a Day event you will be linked to a student and you will join a real lecture with current students for a day.
- During an Experience Day you discover together with other prospective students what it is like to study at the bachelor's programme of your interest. You follow lectures, tutorials and/or practicals.
- And do you know that you can also always participate in an Online Experience module? An Online Experience consists of online mini-courses with readings and a few assignments, just as if it were real first-year courses. You can participate all year round. There are no deadlines and the amount of time and effort you put into it is up to you.
Ready to make your choice?
Are you (almost) sure to make you application or do you still have any final questions? Our students are always available via the chat on our website to answer your questions or just have a chat about your preferred study programme. Some study programmes also offer a last-minute-question-hours where you can ask your questions to study advisors and students online, and some programmes offer online webinars about practical matters that are useful to know before you apply.
Additional info for International Students
- Are you planning a visit to the Netherlands? In that case, we encourage you to arrange your visit to overlap a planned event. If that’s not possible, then it’s good to know that campus visits are arranged per programme. Please contact the student ambassador from your programme(s) of interest at least 2 weeks in advance to see what may be possible to arrange. Visits often cannot be accommodated during exam blocks or holidays. You can find this information on the programme pages, in the Contact Us section.
- Take a virtual tour. Our virtual tours take you around the cities of Leiden and The Hague, show you around on campus and into our classrooms
- Meet us online in your country: Leiden University will be present on some virtual fairs all around the world.
- Mail your questions to our student ambassadors.