Academy of Creative and Performing Arts
How would you like to combine your studies at Leiden University with high-level education in the arts? The Academy of Creative and Performing Arts will give you a unique opportunity to develop your academic and artistic talents.
What is the Academy of Creative and Performing Arts?
The Academy of Creative and Performing Arts is a cooperative initiative between Leiden University and the University of the Arts in The Hague. The latter comprises the Royal Conservatoire and the University of the Arts The Hague. Thanks to this opportunity you can follow music and visual arts subjects at the highest level. And at no extra cost too!
What advantages does the Academy of Creative and Performing Arts offer?
- It is a unique opportunity to develop your artistic talents.
- You’ll receive tuition from the best teachers from the Royal Conservatoire, the University of the Arts The Hague and Leiden University.
- It’s an excellent fit with the total elective quota for your bachelor’s study.
Practicum Musicae is an educational programme at the Royal Conservatoire in which students can further develop their musical talents. Alongside instrumental or private singing lessons in classical, jazz or traditional music genres, it includes fascinating topics about:
- music theory
- music history
- music philosophy
Practicum Musicae lasts for three years and has three levels:
- Practicum Musicae 1: instrumental or vocal (classical or jazz); practical and theory
- Practicum Musicae 2: instrumental or vocal (classical or jazz); practical and theory
- Practicum Musicae 3: instrumental or vocal (classical or jazz); practical
Note that you can also follow just one year of the Practicum Musicae 1, which will earn you 10 credits. If you follow all three years you can earn 30 credits, which is equal to the total free quota of your bachelor’s study.
The Practicum Artium at the University of the Arts The Hague represents a great opportunity to develop your artistic talents, because you’ll be taught by artists who are leaders their respective fields. During the Practicum Artium you can choose from the following subjects:
- Graphic design
Each subject lasts for one semester and will earn you five credits. You’ll also work on works of art, both individually and in groups.