Will you be studying in Leiden University in The Hague? If so, join in the HOP introduction week and get acquainted with the city and its student life.
The measures that the Dutch government is taking against the spread of the coronavirus have consequences for Leiden University and therefore also for the introduction weeks. Leiden University, together with the introduction committees, the municipality, the study and student associations and many other parties, is working to develop the most attractive programme possible.Read the actual information about the introduction days
What is The HOP?
The HOP –The Hague Orientation Programme – is the official introduction week for new Leiden University students studying in The Hague. During a five-day, festive and varied programme you’ll be able to get acquainted with the city and the student life that await you.
Why should you participate in The HOP?
The HOP is the perfect way to kick off your student life in The Hague because:
- You’ll meet many new people and make lots of new friends.
- Enthusiastic mentors will soon have you feeling at home in The Hague.
- You’ll get acquainted with your study programme, the University and all the student initiatives.
- Together with your fellow students, you’ll be introduced to the city’s nightlife.
- It’s a varied programme with fantastic parties and great days on the beach.
The Official HOPweek Aftermovie
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.
When is The HOP?
The HOP takes place before the beginning of the academic year. In 2020 this will be from Monday 17 up to and including Friday 21 August. If you’ve registered to follow a programme using Study Link, you will automatically receive an email inviting you to register for this introduction week.
Want to know more about The HOP?
Do you have any questions or would you like more information?