Leiden University Mentor Network
Leiden University actively seeks to prepare students for the labour market and wants to help young alumni at the start of their careers. The Leiden University Mentor Network is one of the ways to provide help.
Through this online mentor network, young alumni and students can contact more experienced alumni easily to ask them for advice. Leiden alumni can make themselves available as a mentor in just a few steps.
Why a mentor network?
With more than 100.000 alumni, who have an array of study backgrounds, working in all kinds of different places and positions, Leiden University has a large network of alumni and has collected a lot of knowledge and experience. This network can be very useful to students and young alumni with regard to career preparation or career advice.
Through this mentor network they can ask more experienced alumni, who have once had to make the same choices, for advice. The Leiden University Mentor Network is ideal for showing who they can approach and first contact is made easy by using Leiden University as a common base.
The mentor network offers you the opportunity to help a student or young alumni on his/her way, to develop your own coaching skills and to expand your network.
The mentor network is there for everyone who ..
- .. would like to offer a helping hand to students and young alumni
- .. considers a career change
- .. is looking for information on a specific industry or organization
- .. wants to move up the ladder in his/her profession
- .. would like to exchange ideas on choices he/she is facing
- .. wants to grab the opportunity to develop new coaching skills
How does it work?
The Leiden Alumni Mentor Network is an online platform for searching easily between mentors and mentees.
It takes just a few simple steps to register as a mentor or mentee.
- All users can create an account on mentornetwerk.universiteitleiden.nl.
- Once you have activated your account, you need to fill in your profile. You can do this by simply connecting to your LinkedIn profile. The personal profile contains relevant information such as work experience and study background.
Please note: It’s important to mention your study and faculty in Leiden, because this is the main search term for students.
- Would you like to become a mentor, please activate your mentor profile.
Via this profile you can indicate which mentor services you can offer and how many mentees you are able to supervise.
- Mentees can use a range of search filters to look for a mentor whom they would like to contact. Mentors can also see which other mentors have registered at the mentor network.
- A mentee can submit a mentor request that you can accept or decline. If you choose to accept the request, you can exchange contact details with your mentee and together you can decide how you'll get in touch.
Apply as a mentor or mentee
Your knowledge and experience can be very valuable to students and young alumni. Do you enjoy freeing up your time to help them and would you like to become a mentor? If so, please register as a mentor.
Would you like to get in touch with a mentor yourself? This is possible. Alumni can choose to be a mentor, a mentee or both at the same time in the mentor network. Students can only use the mentor network as a mentee.
For questions regarding the mentor network please contact email@example.com.