The Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) carries out the research and education in computer science at Leiden University.
It is our mission to improve the current computer science methods, systems and techniques. We explore new research areas that are relevant to society.
LIACS exists since 1996 and employs about 170 people at the moment. Many of our employees work in companies or governmental organisations as well.
LIACS collaborates with many Dutch and foreign institutes and companies. We have formal affiliations with the national research schools Advanced School for Computing and Imaging (ASCI) and the Institute for Programming Research and Algorithmics (IPA).
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Henri Bal - Chair (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Prof. Dr. Ad IJzerman (LACDR, Universiteit Leiden)
- Prof. Dr. Ing. Tiziana Margaria-Steffen (Universität Potsdam, Duitsland)
- Prof. Dr. Jos Roerdink (Universiteit Groningen)
- Prof. Dr. Arno Siebes (Universiteit Utrecht)