Online Open Day for Professionals
Whether it's brushing up on a language, a course on current legal issues, or a master's degree in cybersecurity. Get inspired at the Online Open Day for Professionals on 2 November.
As a professional, you want to hear about the most up-to-date knowledge and skills in your field or perhaps want to develop further in a different field. Leiden University offers a wide and diverse range of programmes (of which some are in English) for professionals in both Leiden and The Hague.
See an overview of our programmes and more information for each course here.
(Cyber) Security, Communicatoin and Public Administration courses et al.
The education offered by the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs in The Hague is closely linked to the themes that characterize the city as International City of Peace, Security and Justice and as the center of Dutch public administration and international governance. Within the themes of the faculty, you will be helped to take the next step in your career under proper guidance.
During this Open Day there were information sessions about these courses:
- Executive Master Cyber Security (in English)
- Veiligheid opleidingen voor practitioners (in Dutch)
- Communicatie opleidingen voor practitioners (in Dutch)
- Academie voor de Rechtstaat (in Dutch)
- Public Affairs opleidingen voor practitioners (in Dutch)
- MSc Management van de Publieke Sector: Bestuur en Advisering (in Dutch)
Legal Courses: Notary, Advocacy, Criminal Law, Business Law et al.
Practicing lawyers can no longer do without continuing education; it is "lifelong learning." Postgraduate education at Leiden Law School offers you as a legal professional the opportunity to choose from a wide range of high-quality courses.
You can view our full range of offerings here.
During the Open Day, the following areas of law were covered:
- Advanced Law Master Studies (in English)
- Arbeidsrecht (in Dutch)
- Strafrecht (in Dutch)
- Bestuursrecht en eLaw (in Dutch)
- Bedrijfswetenschappen en Ondernemingsrecht (in Dutch)
- Leiden Legal Technologies Program (in Dutch)
Dual PhD Centre
The Dual PhD Centre offers a Dual PhD programme that enables professionals to combine work and PhD research. They devote some of the working hours to PhD research on a theme that relates to their profession. The Centre provides the intensive supervision that is needed to succeed. Find more information on our website (in Dutch).
Academic Language Centre
The Academic Language Centre organises language courses for companies, government institutions, individuals, students and employees of Leiden University. You can sign up for a group course with open enrolment or have a Tailor-made Language Course put together. At the Online Open Day, you could attend sessions on:
- Cursussen Vreemde Talen: Learning a new language opens doors! At Leiden University's Academic Language Centre, we offer a wide range of foreign languages to higher education students throughout the year. (in Dutch)
- Maatwerktrainingen Talencentrum: Does your organisation have a request in the field of language, communication and/or acculturation? We provide appropriate training, delivered by experienced teachers. (in Dutch)