Cyber Security (MSc)
The executive master’s programme in Cyber Security takes a multidisciplinary approach that helps you develop effective and sustainable solutions for cyber risks and threats.
This programme is designed for highly educated professionals (computer scientists, lawyers, policy makers) with several years of professional experience in and/or affinity with issues in the field of cyber security.
We offer three options to follow this Executive master programme:
Another possibility is to follow the online course 'Cybersecurity for Managers and Executives: Taking the Lead'. This course is offered by TU Delft and taught by experts from Leiden University as well.
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or
Why study Cyber Security?
Our programme will teach you to make connections between technical, legal and social scientific aspects of cyber security, so you can come to effective and sustainable solutions for cyber risks and threats. Subsequently, you will be able to contribute effectively to sustainable strategies for digital defensibility and security of society as a whole, including organisations and citizens.
During this programme, you will learn to:
- Identify the complexities and interdependencies in cyber space
- Contribute solutions to cyber risks, both from a technological and a policy and administrative approach
- Relegate cyber threats to acceptable risks
- Build a bridge between largely technical and more administrative-oriented professionals in organisations
- Translate technical and operational issues to a strategic level
- Reflect critically on new developments and results of research into cyber security
- Offer independent contributions to cyber security research
As a student in the Cyber Security programme, you will benefit from:
- Expert instructors: The programme is taught by top experts from Leiden University, TU Delft and The Hague University of Applied Sciences. You will also have guest lectures from professionals such as management consultants (KPMG, VKA, KPN) and technical specialists (NFI, ENCS, FOX-IT).
Is Cyber Security the right programme for you?
- Are you a professional who deals with cyber security issues in the public or private sector?
- Do you have a background in administration, law or IT?
- Would you like to further your expertise in cyber security, improving your ability to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow?