Cyber Security (MSc)
- The Hague
The executive master’s programme in Cyber Security takes a multidisciplinary approach that helps you develop effective and sustainable solutions for cyber risks and threats.
Director Privacy Compliance
''This programme gave me a strong analytical framework to understand the challenges, problems and solutions that exist in the cyber security domain. The multi-disciplinary approach also helps me to see the whole picture and to be more effective at problem-solving because I can look at it from various angles.''
Ministry of Defense
Lieutenant-Colonel Defense Cyber Command
''Great courses. Excellent instructors. And a group of professionals working in all areas of cyber security. This added up to extremely useful discussions and insights that I could immediately implement in my work. I couldn’t recommend this programme any more highly.''
Why study Cyber Security?
The programme, which is for working professionals, will teach you to make connections between the technical, legal, administrative, economic and psychological aspects of digital security. Being able to look at a security problem from all angles will help you develop sound strategies to protect both organisations and individuals.
During this programme, you will learn to:
- Identify the complexities and interdependencies in cyber space
- Contribute solutions to cyber risks, both from a technological and a policy and administrative approach
- Relegate cyber threats to acceptable risks
- Build a bridge between largely technical and more administrative-oriented professionals in organisations
- Translate technical and operational issues to a strategic level
- Reflect critically on new developments and results of research into cyber security
- Offer independent contributions to cyber security research
This programme is offered by Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and The Hague University of Applied Sciences and various private partners, under the umbrella of the Cyber Security Academy.
Reasons to choose Cyber Security at Leiden University?
As a student in the Cyber Security programme, you will benefit from:
- Expert instructors: The programme is taught by top experts from Leiden University, TU Delft and The Hague University of Applied Sciences. You will also have guest lectures from professionals such as management consultants (KPMG, VKA, KPN) and technical specialists (NFI, ENCS, FOX-IT).
- Ties to the industry: You will learn at the The Hague Security Delta campus, which is the leading European security cluster of private and public organisations and knowledge institutions in the broad field of security.
- Advanced facilities: You will have access to multifunctional spaces with modern IT facilities such as a Real Time Intelligence Centre and a Serious Gaming Lab.
Is Cyber Security the right programme for you?
Are you a professional who deals with cyber security issues in the public or private sector? Do you have a background in administration, law or IT? Would you like to further your expertise in cyber security, improving your ability to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow?
This programme is designed for highly educated professionals (computer scientists, lawyers, policy makers) with several years of professional experience in and/or affinity with issues in the field of cyber security.