Science Communication & Society
The field of science communication is very broad. Below is a list of organisations where SCS students can fulfill internships or where alumni have found jobs.
- Science editorial offices at newspapers.
- Popular science magazines such as Kijk, New Scientist, Quest.
- Professional journals such as Bionieuws, Chemisch2Weekblad.
- Science museums, science centers, or zoos such as Naturalis, Boerhaave, Museon, Nemo, Artis, Blijdorp.
- Educational organisations such as Stichting C3, Technolab Leiden, UNAWE.
- Patient organisations and health organisations such as Diabetes Fonds, Prinses Beatrix Spierfonds, Nierstichting, KWF.
- Organisations for environmental education such as Natuurmonumenten.
- Radio, television, such as Klokhuis, SchoolTV, De Kennis van Nu.
- Websites with science information such as Kennislink, De Kennis van Nu.
- Research information officer at a university or research institute.
- Our own Science Communication & Society department; student research about mass media, citizen science, museum learning; PhD research in science communication.
- PhD in your own research field; increasingly, scientists with science communication skills are appreciated.