A different direction after your bachelor?
If you do not have immediate plans to continue with a master’s programme after your bachelor there are all kinds of possibilities to fill your time with. Think of, for example, travelling possibly in combination with learning a language, working, volunteer work, an administrative year, etc.
Gap year of start working
- The career advisors of the Career Services will be able to assist you if you are unsure on how to make the most of your gap year or period.
- Go through the Career Planning module, it will help you to look for an appropriate job.
- You can find a lot of information on the possibilities both here and abroad on the website of the Gap Year Knowledge Centre.
Do not forget to take a look at the LU Career Zone if you are looking for information on:
- Volunteer work
- Working abroad
- Working: vacancies on the Jobportal
- Starting your own company
- Administrative year, e.g. at a student or study association
Take your time choosing a master
During your gap year, you will obviously also have enough time to really think about your master’s choice and look into all the possibilities. For more information, please visit the master’s choice webpage.