Learning and Behavior Problems in Education: Challenges and Solutions
The Learning and Behavior Problems in Education program group is responsible for teaching in the area of learning problems within the undergraduate and graduate programs of the Institute of Education and Child Studies.
The program group contributes to education within the master's specialisations:
- Leerproblemen (learning problems)
- Kinderen met Leer- en Gedragsproblemen in het Onderwijs (children with learning and behavior problems in education)
- Learning Problems and Impairments (international track)
- Digital Media in Human Development
- Applied Neuroscience in Human Development
- Educational Science
- Educatieve Master Primair Onderwijs
The teaching of the program group covers a broad range of learning difficulties, including difficulties in reading, math, and writing, and emphasizes the reciprocal relation between learning and behavior.
Students learn to translate state-of-the-art research findings into practice.
Students are trained to become outstanding professionals who are adept at working with children, teachers, school administrators and parents to improve the learning of children, youth and young adults with and without learning difficulties.
Accredited by the NVO
Students learn to translate state-of-the-art research findings into practice. Our Master’s degree programs are accredited by the Dutch Association of Pedagogues and Educationalists (NVO); thus, students enrolled in the programs are eligible to receive their NVO registrations.