Leiden University Centre for Linguistics
The Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL) welcomes visiting researchers from outside Leiden University that wish to conduct research at the institute.
If you would like to be a visiting researcher at the LUCL, please first contact a staff member who can act as your host (see the staff overview on our website). After approval has been given, the request will be assessed by the Management Team of the LUCL.
The eligibility of candidates will be considered in light of their past performance and the extent to which their planned project relates to the research specialisations of the institute. The length of intended stay and the availability of a workplace (if desired) are factors that will also be taken into consideration.
In order to arrange all the formalities, please ask your host to submit your application to the management of the LUCL, via the secretary of the MT, at least four months prior to the planned stay.
The application should include a cv, cover letter plus a motivation letter.
Self-funded researchers have two options when staying as a guest:
1. Guest stay with their own workplace and a full Leiden University account including e-mail, Wi-Fi and (digital) library access:
- for longer periods, from 3 months to a year
- costs are EUR 750,- (VAT excluded) per 3 months, plus possible additional costs for visa
2. Guest stay without a workplace but with a guest account including
Wi-Fi and (digital) library access:
- for a maximum period of 12 months
- no extra costs