Law and Digital Technologies (Advanced LL.M.)
Application deadlines postponed
Leiden University has postponed the following deadlines:
- Non-EU/EER nationality
- If you have a non-EU/EER nationality, the deadline for master’s programmes with an application deadline of 1 April has been extended to 1 May.
- If you have a non-EU/EER nationality, the deadline for master's programmes with a capacity limitation (selection) has been extended from 1 April to 1 May.
With the exception of the MSc Pharmacy and MSc Biomedical Science; the deadline for these programmes remained 1 April.
- EU/EER or Dutch nationality
- If you have an EU/EER or Dutch nationality, the deadline for most master's programmes remains June 15.
- If you have an EU/EER or Dutch nationality, the deadline for masters's programmes with a capacity limitation (selection) has been extended to 15 June. With the exception of the MSc Pharmacy and MSc Biomedical Science; the deadline for these programmes remained 1 April.
- The deadline to submit your visa application in our online application system has been extended to 15 June. (Be aware that you have to apply to Leiden University as a student with a non-EU/EER nationality before 1 May.)
Update: some application deadlines has been postponed. Check the changed deadlines in the message above this page!
- If you need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 1 April.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 June.
Please note: You can only start this master’s programme in September. Starting in February is not possible.
You will have to complete a two-part application procedure:
- First register your application(s) in the national system Studielink.
- A day later you will receive log-in details for Leiden University’s application system (uSis), where you can complete your application.
You must submit your application via Leiden University’s application system (uSis), before the deadlines mentioned above. So don’t delay; if you haven’t registered in Studielink and activated your uSis account in time to apply by the deadline, you’ll miss out!
If you want to request accommodation via Leiden university Housing Office, apply early! Accommodation is allocated on a first-come first-served basis and there is limited availability, which means the Housing Office cannot guarantee accommodation. Submit both your application for admission and your housing request well before the deadlines. You don’t have to wait for a decision on your application before submitting your housing request. Read more about when to arrange housing.
If you want to apply for a scholarship, grant or loan, please bear in mind that different deadlines apply, and these deadlines can often be earlier. Deadlines vary per scholarship. Visit the scholarship website for more details.
If you require a student visa or residence permit for your studies in the Netherlands, familiarise yourself with the visa/residence permit application deadlines. Note that you must have been (conditionally) admitted and have met your English language admission requirements before the university can apply for your visa/residence permit.