International Civil and Commercial Law (Advanced LL.M.)
This programme aims to provide you with a strong understanding of the many levels of judicial connections between global, EU and national laws as they co-exist and interact with one another.
Although this programme’s focus is international, Civil and Commercial Law are multi-layered fields in that different levels of its practice are highly dependent upon each other. There are applicable rules of hard and soft law and relevant case law on the global, EU, regional and national levels. All of these levels are intertwined, which means that International Civil and Commercial Law demands a thorough knowledge of all levels in order to tackle domain-specific legal problems.
In this programme, you will take the following courses:
- International Contract Law
- International Property Law
- Private International Law
- International Insolvency Law
- International Commercial Law (Advanced)
- International Commercial Arbitration
- International Corporate Law
- Legal Profession and Ethics
- Thesis: International Civil and Commercial Law
You will also participate in a number of workshops that are taught by academic staff and practicing professionals.
For detailed information on the courses and curricula, see the Prospectus. Please note that this guide applies to the current academic year, which means that the curriculum for next year may differ slightly.