Hetty de Rooij
Hetty de Rooij is a lecturer and the academic coordinator of the Advanced LL.M. in International Civil & Commercial Law. She has been affiliated with the Institute for Private Law since 1 September 2020.
Hetty de Rooij studied law at the University of Amsterdam (LL.M., cum laude) and NYU Law School. She was admitted to the Dutch Bar as an advocaat in 2008 and has spent over 11 years in private practice at leading Dutch and international law firms. At De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, Hetty was a senior associate in the international arbitration group. She has extensive experience in international dispute resolution, acting for clients in national and international arbitrations and mediations as well as in proceedings before the Dutch courts. Hetty frequently serves as a secretary to arbitral tribunals, and is currently also an Executive Officer at the Court of Arbitration for Art.
Title research: Judicial review of jurisdictional decisions by arbitral tribunals.
Title of dissertation / oration / key publications
- ‘A Counsel’s Perspective on the search for the truth in arbitration’ (co-authored with Rieme-Jan Tjittes), in: Do arbitral awards reveal the truth? Reports from the third joint CEPANI-NAI Colloquium held on March 31, 2019 (Brussels, 2019)
- Case note author for the Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht (2014–2016)
- Various publications on questions of competition law and public procurement in Bedrijfsjuridische Berichten, Nos. 14 (2008), 2 (2009), 26 (2010)
Dutch / English / German
- Faculteit Rechtsgeleerdheid
- Instituut voor Privaatrecht
- Civiel recht