Arts, Media and Society (BA)
Why Leiden University
In the Arts, Media and Society programme you’ll get to study the latest developments in art. You’ll also be able to explore the multifaceted relationships that art enjoys with today’s issues, in areas that include politics, science, law and culture.
Five reasons to study Arts, Media and Society in Leiden:
- It’s a unique, English-taught specialisation of Leiden’s Art History bachelor’s programme.
- You can study various art forms and artistic media, including the visual arts, film and photography, installation art, bio-art and digital media art.
- Many of its lecturers are affiliated to the LUCAS Institute, an important arts-oriented research centre.
- It’s a small-scale programme in which you will learn from leading academics and guest lecturers.
- Leiden is home to 13 museums and within easy reach of other leading Dutch and European museums.
Why study at the Faculty of Humanities?
The Faculty of Humanities is situated in two locations: the historical centre of Leiden, and the modern new Wijnhaven Building in The Hague. With around 800 staff members providing education for approximately 6,500 students, the Faculty offers an inspiring, innovative and international approach to research and education in the study of languages, history, society, culture, and religion. Its 26 bachelor’s and 28 master’s programmes are rated consistently highly for their tuition and research. The 2018 Times Higher Education Rankings, for example, placed us top 25 worldwide.
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students from all over the world. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University