- carry out world-class astronomy research
- develop key technologies for ground breaking astronomical discoveries
- provide excellent education at the bachelor and master level
- engage the public with the wonders of the Universe and share the scientific, technological, cultural and educational aspects of astronomy with society..
- galaxies and the structures in which they are embedded
- exo-planets, and forming stars and planets
Their physical components, formation and evolution are studied using
- observations with ground and space based telescopes
- theoretical and astrochemistry modelling
- large scale numerical simulations, and
- laboratory experiments mimicking conditions in space
This website is under construction. Please visit our current website.