Cyber Security (MSc)
As a contract student you can join our introductory courses and have the right to take part in the course assignments and to take the exam alongside the regular students.
The results you achieve are recorded and can help you obtain an exemption if you decide to go on to follow the full study program at a later stage.
The admission requirements for contract teaching are similar to the legal admission requirements for the regular programme. This means that you should have:
- A completed bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university (of applied sciences) in a relevant discipline
- Adequate proficiency in the English language (as the programme is taught in English).
- Several years of relevant professional experience
- Registration for the course Introduction to Cyberspace ends on 7 January 2022
- Registration for the course Introduction to Cyber Security ends on 7 March 2022.
- Registration for the course Cyber Risk ends on 9 May 2022.
Due to the administrative handling of the registrations we are compelled to comply with these deadlines.
Registration takes place using this registration form.
Important! Your registration is only valid once we have received your CV and a copy of your bachelor’s or master’s degree via email@example.com.
Your registration is only final after receipt of your payment. After having submitted your registration form you will receive an automatically generated e-mail with the payment link.
Once you have been registered, we will send you your:
- letter of confirmation
- unique student number
- ULCN account log-in details to get access to all of our information systems
- registration card
We will take care of your uSis registration for the lectures and examinations/written assignments, you don’t have to do this yourself.
The fees for contract teaching amount to €5.000,- per course.
Prices include one examination attempt and a re-sit (if needed) in the same academic year. Any study materials you need to purchase are not included in the fee.
The above costs are exempted from VAT.
Upon sending the registration form you will receive an automatically generated e-mail with a link to Paylogic, Leiden University’s payment system. If payment through Paylogic is not possible, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The payment should be received by us no later than 30 days before the start of the course. If this deadline is not met, we cannot guarantee timely registration. Payments by instalments or a one-off direct debit are not possible.
Cancellation is possible until two weeks before the start of the course.
In the event of cancellation after the deadline, the following administration costs are charged:
- Before the start of the course: 10% of the course fee
- Cancellation in the first week of the course: 40% of the course fee
- Cancellation in the second week of the course or later: no refund
All our courses require you to do some (background) reading. This usually includes readers and/or materials uploaded to the online learning environment Brightspace. In general no books will need to be purchased.
If you successfully complete a course, your grades and ECs will be recorded in uSis (student registration system). You can request your transcript by e-mail upon completion of the course. If you decide to follow the two year study programme at a later stage, you will be able to request an exemption for modules you have already completed.