When you apply for admission, you’ll be asked to submit several documents.
Note: If you have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission, you will generally not be asked to submit additional documents.
Required application documents
You’ll need to submit the following documents:
Please upload a copy of the page(s) in your passport containing your personal details and photograph. If you are from the EU/EEA, you can submit a copy of your identity card instead. Please upload copies of both sides.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national already living in the Netherlands, upload copies of both sides of your Dutch residence permit.
Your CV (curriculum vitae) must be written in English and should contain your basic personal data, as well as a clear overview of your educational and professional history to date.
You can apply for admission before receiving the results of your English language test. However, a sufficient result will then be a condition of your eventual admission. Of course, if you already have your English language test results, you can upload them directly.
- Digital copies of diplomas and transcripts are initially required. Once you have been admitted, we will inform you how to submit certified copies.
- The documents must be in the original language. If they are not in English, Dutch, German or French, they must be accompanied by official translations into one of these languages.
- If you have not yet completed your current programme, state your expected graduation date and submit copies of all transcripts obtained to date plus an official list of subjects still to be completed.
Additional requirements specific to Assyriology
You are required to upload additional information: 1) about your acquired knowledge, understanding and skills in the field of the Master’s programme you are applying for and 2) about your acquired general academic skills. You can upload this format Questionnaire Master Application.
- You can check the programme specific requirements regarding knowledge, understanding and skills on the Admission Requirements page.
- The format includes the list of general academic skills which the candidate must possess in order to be admitted to the Master’s programme at the Faculty of Humanities.
- You can contact the coordinator of studies for further questions about the questionnaire.