Working at ICT
The ICT Shared Service Centre (ISSC) is the university’s central IT service provider. Around 130 ISSC colleagues make high-quality IT facilities available to all staff and students, supporting the university’s teaching, research and operational activities. We are always on the lookout for creative IT professionals who are motivated to make a difference.
What does the ISSC have to offer?
- You will make a real contribution to the work of a leading university that continues to send generations of students out into the world to resolve complex issues, often on the international stage, building a broad-based, challenging and diverse academic community. We are proud that our services help make those ambitions a reality.
- We are a committed employer, prioritising and supporting diversity, health, sustainability and social engagement.
- You will have access to generous opportunities for training and professional development.
- You will be part of a team of both young and more experienced colleagues.
- In recent years, the ISSC has gained extensive experience in the deployment of staff both in the office and working from home – hybrid working is the future.
- The Agile philosophy is at the heart of the ISSC. We have found this to be the best structure for teamwork in development and management: DevOps Teams enjoy a great deal of autonomy and technical involvement, from start to finish.
In the ISSC you will work with a wide range of professionals to achieve the university’s ambitious goals. The people at our university work, study and conduct research both on and off campus. They collaborate both in person and virtually, as well as a combination of the two (hybrid working). The ISSC facilitates and promotes this through its innovative, accessible and reliable IT services. We manage and implement these services in coordination with the university, sharing our expertise and providing an agile response to changing circumstances.