- NWO KIEM project "E-Canon": applying ontological modelling to the study of Art History, in particular the process of canon formation.
- HERITAGE PLUS project EUWATHER: collecting, annotating and presenting cultural heritage related to historic waterways in four European regions (in the Netherlands, Italy, Spain and the UK), by creating a Spatial Database Infrastructure, to be used in research and public application (like smartphone apps). Within this project, my academic interest lies with the collective memory related to these waterways and their heritage.
Posthumanism: emergent and mediated subject positions in the Posthuman era and the ways in wich art can explore these.
Research in Bioinformatics concerned computerised modelling of vertebrate development, using various techniques: 3D visualisation of heart development in the turtle species Emys orbicularis, Petri Net modelling and analysis of the AP-axis formation in the frog Xenopus laevis and building dynamic ontologies of the anatomy, physiology and development of the vertebrate heart.
- 2008-10: 'Microscopy, modelling and visualisation' and 'Human Computer Interaction' (BA Computer Science, MA Media Technology)
- 2010-13: 'Biomodelling and Petri Nets' (BA Computer Science, MA Media Technology)
- 2013-15: 'Representatie' (BA Art History and BA Film and Literary Studies)
- 2013-14: 'Cultural Studies' (BA International Studies), 'Primitivism' (MA Arts and Culture), 'Humanities Lab' introductory module
- 2014-15: 'Globalisation, Culture and Language' (BA International Studies), 'The human condition' (MA Arts and Culture), 'How we are human' (elective International Studies)
BA and MA in Classical Studies (Leiden University), BA and MA in Biology (Leiden University) and BA and MA in Art History (Leiden University)
2007-2012: PhD research in Bioinformatics, the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (Leiden University), dissertation "Computerised modelling for developmental biology", with a particular interest in ontological modelling and reptilian heart development.
2012-15: researcher and lecturer for Art History, International Studies and Leiden University College, with a focus on Critical Theory, Digital Humanities and the Posthuman
2013-15: external lecturer Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
2014: organisor NWO KIEM project "E-Canon"
2015: postdoc in HERITAGE PLUS project EUWATHER