Julia Cramer (1988) studied Applied Physics at Delft University of Technology and ETH Zurich. She obtained her PhD (funded by the Casimir Prize) in 2016 on ‘Quantum Error Correction with Spins in Diamond’ at QuTech at Delft University of Technology. During her PhD she was the Faces of Science of the KNAW and she participated in the theater show Science Battle. She is fascinated about communicating science to the (non-obvious) publics.
Julia Cramer focuses on the communication of scientists to an audience. She is involved as a postdoc in the international research MORE-PE, to map the outreach activities and strategy of scientific institutes. The project is part of a major international research that offers opportunities to compare the activities in different countries. Leiden University is responsible for collecting Dutch data. In addition, she conducts research into the wishes and values of the public in popular science activities.
- Cramer J., Russo P. & Sarperi S. (2018), Wat moet ik met het publiek? De houding van senior academici in de natuur- en sterrenkunde tegenover outreachactiviteiten, Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Natuurkunde 84(4): 124-126.
- Kalb N., Cramer J., Twitchen D.J., Markham M., Hanson R. & Taminiau T.H. (2016), Experimental creation of quantum Zeno subspaces by repeated multi-spin projections in diamond, Nature Communications 7: 13111.
- Cramer J., Kalb N., Rol M.A., Hensen B., Blok M.S., Markham M., Twitchen D.J., Hanson R. & Taminiau T.H. (2016), Repeated quantum error correction on a continuously encoded qubit by real-time feedback, Nature Communications 7: 11526.
- Taminiau T.H., Cramer J., Sar T. van der, Dobrovitski V.V. & Hanson R. (2014), Universal control and error correction in multi-qubit spin registers in diamond, Nature Nanotechnology 9(3): 171-176.
- Saira O.-P., Groen J.P., Cramer J., Meretska M., Lange G. de & DiCarlo L. (2014), Entanglement Genesis by Ancilla-Based Parity Measurement in 2D Circuit QED, Physical Review Letters 112(7): 070502.
- Groen J.P. , Ristè D., Tornberg L., Cramer J., Groot P.C. de, Picot T., Johansson G. & DiCarlo L. (2013), Partial-Measurement Backaction and Nonclassical Weak Values in a Superconducting Circuit, Physical Review Letters 111(9): 090506.
- Spreker over wetenschap