The aim of this research area is to be able to predict human drug response on the basis of mathematical models that are developed using preclinical experiments and prior knowledge.
- Elizabeth (Liesbeth) de Lange
We mostly focus on the central nervous system (CNS), and through the use of state-of-the-art quantitative animal experimentation and mathematical models we are able to obtain insights on rate and extent of CNS processes that govern drug behavior in multiple CNS compartments, in a condition dependent manner.
- Prediction of human (CNS) target site concentrations in health and disease
- Predicting early Alzheimer's disease stage in human
- Drug-target binding kinetics in vivo
- Spatial (3-D) CNS drug distribution in vivo
- Prediction of human gut (colon cancer) target site concentrations and PKPD relationships
- Pharmacometabolomics; prediction of system-wide multi-biomarker drug response