Leiden University Graduate School of Teaching
ICLON is an interfaculty unit within Leiden University which provides undergraduate and postgraduate teacher education, in-service teacher trainng and services pertaining to educational design and innovation, staff development and organizational development for higher education.
- undergraduate and postgraduate teacher education
- in-service teacher training
- services pertaining to educational design and innovation, staff development and organizational development for higher education
ICLON conducts its own educational research programme, which focuses on Teaching and Teacher Learning..
ICLON has 2 departments: the Secondary Education and the Higher Education department.
All faculties at Leiden University involved in teacher education have delegated their powers in this area to ICLON.
The duties and powers of ICLON, including the delegated powers in the field of teacher education, are laid down in the 'Gemeenschappelijke Regeling'.
In addition, a mandate scheme has been established which describes in what matters ICLON has received a mandate from the Board.
The organisation of ICLON is laid down in the Regulations.
The board of ICLON consists of the management team and the Board.
- prof. dr. Wilfried Admiraal - Professor and Dean
- prof.dr. Sanne Akkerman - Professor of Educational Science
- prof.dr.ir. Fred Janssen - Professor of Science Education
- Annemarie Thomassen MA - Head of Dept. of Secondary Education
- dr. Maarten van de Ven - Head of Dept. of Higher Education
- Marjan Voorkamp MA - Director Operational Management
- prof.dr. Geert de Snoo (chairman) - Faculty of Science
- prof.dr. M.R. Rutgers - Faculty of Humanities
- prof.dr. Hanna Swaab-Barneveld - Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
At the meetings of the Board, the Dean (prof.dr. Wilfried Admiraal) and the Director Operational Management (Marjan Voorkamp MA) of ICLON are present as advisors. The Director Operational Management is also secretary of the Board.
Not all information about ICLON activities is available in English, as most of our activities are carried out for Dutch target groups. If you have any questions concerning our work, please contact us.