Leiden Leadership Programme
The Leiden Leadership Programme (LLP) is a one-year honours programme for master’s students from Leiden University, Technical University Delft, and Erasmus University Rotterdam. In this programme, you will be equipped with the knowledge, insights and skills required for the practice of leadership through seminars, skills training and a consultancy assignment. In so doing, it increases your societal impact.
The objectives of the programme relate to acquiring knowledge and insight, honing interdisciplinary skills, and developing accurate judgment for relevant leadership problems:
- You gain knowledge on leadership theory and conduct empirical research into various topical leadership problems, and learn how to apply these insights to the analysis of topical problems within your own discipline;
- You aquire the skills to have an impact and effect on situations in everyday life;
- You develop a framework for weighing choices related to leadership problems, and you can reflect on your own contribution within a professional and societal context based on that framework.
The programme is taught in English, with one component, the Leadership Lab, offered in Dutch as well.
The Leiden Leadership Programme consists of 15 EC and is made up of a core element called LLP Essentials (5 EC), to be complemented with a Leadership Lab (4 EC) and two electives (each 3 EC).
The programme takes place between November and June. All classes take place in the evening, between 17:15 and 19:00 and between 19:15 and 21:00, and in highly exceptional cases on Friday or Saturday from 09:00 to 15:00. We strive to organise the classes on campus as often as possible, and in-person attendance is mandatory for all classes.
You can find more information about the programme and the class schedule in the Prospectus. The class schedule is announced every year by the end of summer.
The marks you receive for every component (the LLP Essentials, one Leadership Lab and two electives) will together make up your final mark for the LLP.
By the end of the programme, you will have:
- gained extensive knowledge on leadership theory
- developed and practised leadership skills
- gotten to know your own strengths and weaknesses
- learned how to have an effective impact within an organisation
- met unique people and started to curate your professional network
- received 15 EC for extracurricular activities on your Diploma Supplement as well as an honours certificate
There are no additional costs related to this programme.