Leiden Leadership Programme
In the LLP, you will be equipped with the knowledge, insights and skills required for the practice of leadership through seminars, skills training and a consultancy assignment. In so doing, you will increase your ability to make a societal impact.
The objectives of the programme relate to acquiring knowledge and insight, honing interdisciplinary skills, and developing accurate judgment for relevant leadership problems:
- Students acquire a thorough knowledge of various leadership theories and understand their practical application in a variety of disciplines.
- Students are able to make informed trade-offs in leadership issues with an eye for social, scientific and ethical responsibilities associated with their role within a professional and social context.
- Students enhance their own ability to exercise effective leadership within both professional and societal contexts, with a focus on creating positive impact.
- Students are able to independently further develop the acquired leadership knowledge and skills in their career.
- Students build a valuable professional network through interaction with inspiring leaders, professionals and fellow students.
The programme is taught in English, with one component, the Leadership Lab, offered in Dutch as well.
The Leiden Leadership Programme consists of 15 EC and is made up of a core element called LLP Essentials (5 EC), to be complemented with a Leadership Lab (4 EC) and two electives (each 3 EC).
The programme takes place between November and June. All classes take place in the evening, between 17:15 and 19:00 and between 19:15 and 21:00, and in highly exceptional cases on Saturday from 10:15-14:00 hrs or 11:15-15:00 hrs. We strive to organise the classes on campus as often as possible, and in-person attendance is mandatory for all classes.
You can find more detailed information about the programme in the prospectus.
The marks you receive for every component (the LLP Essentials, one Leadership Lab and two electives) will together make up your final mark for the LLP.
By the end of the programme, you will have:
- gained extensive knowledge on leadership theory
- developed and practised leadership skills
- gotten to know your own strengths and weaknesses
- learned how to have an effective impact within an organisation
- met unique people and started to curate your professional network
- received 15 EC for extracurricular activities on your Diploma Supplement as well as an honours certificate
NB: Credits earned by means of the LLP are extracurricular and cannot be used to supplement the credits required for your regular study programme or electives.
There are no additional costs related to this programme.
Fill in this form to stay updated on the Leiden Leadership Programme and the opening of the application period for the academic year 2023-2024.