Leiden Leadership Programme
Application and selection
Applying for the Leiden Leadership Programme is an option for students who are currently following or intending to follow a master’s programme at Leiden University or Delft University of Technology. The Leiden Leadership Programme starts once a year, in September; there is no intake in February.
Applications for the Leiden Leadership Programme can be submitted each spring. Please check the Dutch language website for more detailed information on the programme and the application process.
For the Leiden Leadership Programme we look for a group of students with a wide range of backgrounds and interests, who fulfil the following criteria:
- Motivation and time to follow an intensive extra track in addition to their master’s programme;
- Ambition and motivation to develop leadership qualities in practice;
- Interested in looking beyond the boundaries of their own discipline, working co-operatively with students from other disciplines and contributing to the community;
- A desire to excel in a challenging practical environment;
- Willing to critically reflect on their own development;
- Good results in the bachelor’s programme, or an explanation for not achieving them.
Students who match this description are suitable candidates for the Leiden Leadership Programme and can apply for admission once each year.
Board of Selection / Admissions
Each year, the Dean of the Honours Academy appoints the Board of Selection / Admissions, which consists of at least one member of the academic staff involved in the LLP, the education coordinator of the LLP and a member of the academic staff of the faculties. The Board advises the Dean about the candidates who should be admitted.