Leiden Leadership Programme
Application and selection
Did we spark your interest in the Leadership Programme (LLP) and are you looking forward to take on this challenge in the coming academic year? Apply now! The LLP starts once every year, on the 7th of November, and ends in June.
For the LLP we are looking for a group of students from a variety of disciplines and different interests that recognise themselves in the following:
- You are doing your master’s degree at Leiden University, Delft Technical University, or Erasmus University Rotterdam during the academic year 2022-2023;
- Your schedule allows you to take part in an intense extra programme in addition to your regular master’s classes;
- You have the ambition and the motivation to learn more about leadership (practice as well as theory);
- Societal themes interest you. You are willing to look beyond your own discipline, and you want to work with students from different professional fields;
- You are eager to make a concrete difference with other students within an organisation.
- You are willing to critically reflect on your own development;
- You have received good marks during your bachelor’s degree (>7,0) or have an explanation as to why you have not.
LLP Orientation Seminar
There will be an LLP Orientation seminar organised on September 22nd, 2022, between 19:00 and 21:00. During this evening we will dive deeper into the programme, and take the time to answer all of your questions. The exact location will in time be announced via email. Sign up here.
Application and Deadlines
Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 open on the 1st of September, 2022. Due to the tight schedule needed for the selection process it is very important that you apply before the application deadline. The application deadline is 30 September 2022.
If you are interested in receiving more information when the application for LLP 2022-2023 opens, please leave your email address here.
During the application process, we will ask you to state your preferred working language for the Leadership Lab. We will also ask you to list your Top 3 Leadership Labs and the electives that seem most interesting to you. The programme team will work hard to assign first and second picks to as many students as possible.
In the application form, we ask you to fill in the name(s) of your (main) master's degree(s). In case you are unsure about the name(s) of your main master's studies, please check out this document.
Students can apply starting from the 1st of September, 2022, by filling out the application form and supplying a number of attachments. The attachments required are:
- Your motivation form (download the file, open in Adobe, choose “enable all features” if needed, fill out and save the form);
- Your curriculum vitae, in which you state, on no more than 2 pages:
- Your extensive educational background (names, institutes, dates);
- Your extracurricular activities, with an emphasis on those with a societal impact. Think, for instance of summer jobs, committees, internships, volunteer work, any caretaking duties, having your own company, or living abroad.
- A certified copy of your bachelor degree results (uSis printouts will not be accepted).
Selection takes place based on the written submissions and will start immediately after the application deadline. The programme has room for 200 students. Each academic year, we are able to admit a select number of students from Delft Technical University and Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The Dean of the Honours Academy appoints a selection committee every year. The selection committee advises the Dean on which candidates should and shouldn’t be admitted.
You will be notified about whether or not you were admitted to the programme on 24 October at the latest (two weeks before the start of the programme). Once you are accepted you will receive your class schedule as soon as possible.