Public Management and Leadership (MSc)
Why Leiden University?
When and how does management contribute to public performance? How can organisational goals, employees’ interests and wider extra-organisational interests be bridged? These questions are at the core of the Public Management specialisation of the MPA.
5 Reasons why should study MPA in The Hague
- The MPA is taught in The Hague, a hub of international governance organisations – an ideal environment in which to study, intern, and research your MSc thesis.
- You study in the light-filled new Wijnhaven Building just minutes from The Hague Central.
- You benefit from the strong academic orientation of this programme; faculty are drawn from Leiden’s renowned Institute of Public Management.
- Your guest lecturers are often practitioners who offer unique insights on Public Management in practice.
- You benefit from the distinctive approach of the Leiden MPA, in which governance is examined from a multi-level perspective; and from the specific focus of the PM track in which you examine public policy and governance from an organisational and managerial perspective.
Study at the Faculty Governance and Global Affairs
The Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs (FGGA) is Leiden University’s newest faculty, launched in response to increasingly urgent socio-cultural issues. The FGGA is an internationally acclaimed academic knowledge hub that studies world-wide issues from the perspectives of governance, politics, law, sociology and economics. FGGA is active in its quest for multidisciplinary academic networks; through its academic institutes and knowledge centres, FGGA contributes to far-reaching socio-cultural debates.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University