Public Management and Leadership (MSc)
Admission and Application
Find out how to apply for Public Management and Leadership at Leiden University by following our step-by step guide.
This specialisation is part of the Master Public Administration. If you would like to apply to this programme please first select the Master Public Administration (CROHO code: 60020) in Studielink and then select the specialisation Public Management and Leadership.
Step-by step guide
This guide clearly explains the steps you need to take to apply, and the subsequent admission process.
- Step 1: Check the admission requirements
- Step 2: Check the application deadlines
- Step 3: Collect the required documents
- Step 4: Start your application
- Step 5: Pay your tuition fees
- Step 6: Prepare for your studies at Leiden University
Master's Admissions: Exceptional Circumstances
The University is providing an option for third-year bachelor’s students who have encountered a study delay because of the corona measures and wish to begin a master’s programme in the 2021-2022 academic year. For the master’s programme in Public Administration this means that you will be allowed to complete your bachelor’s programme during the 2021-2022 academic year and will already be allowed to begin your master’s programme on 1 September 2021. You will have to have completed your bachelor’s programme by 31 August 2022 at the latest. The following additional conditions apply:
WO Bachelor: obtained at least 165 ECTS of the required Bachelor’s programme. However, once enrolled in the Master, students can only start their master's thesis after completing their bachelor's degree.
What do you need to do?
• Enrol in and request admission to both programmes:
1. Fill in this form before 15 June 2021.
2. Register for the master’s programme in Studielink.
3. Request admission in uSis before 15 June 2021.
4. Re-enrol for the bachelor’s or pre-master’s programme before 1 September.
• Your master's enrolment will be definitive as of 1 September 2021 on the condition that you have completed your bachelor’s programme before 31 August 2022 at the latest; otherwise your master’s enrolment will be cancelled
• You pay only one tuition fee, so you only pay for your master’s programme. This is on the condition that you have completed your bachelor’s programme by 31 August 2022 at the latest and have de-registered for this programme. If your master’s enrolment is cancelled, you pay the tuition fee for continuing the bachelor’s programme. If you are following a bachelor’s programme at another institution, you can request proof of tuition fee payment (bewijs betaald collegegeld) so that you will not have to pay the tuition fee.
If you have any questions about admissions and enrolment, please use the online contact form for the Student Affairs Front Office, using ‘Admission request’ as the subject. If you have any questions about the programme itself, please contact the study adviser for the programme.
Public Management and Leadership of the Master Public Administration: How to apply via Studielink?
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.