Economics and Governance (MSc)
- The Hague
- Part of
- Public Administration (MSc)
The Economics & Governance specialisation of the MSc in Public Administration prepares you to analyse and address societal problems from a multidisciplinary view: a framework of public governance and a strong foundation of economics. This specialisation is a joint offering of the Department of Economics and the Institute of Public Administration.
What does this master programme entail?
The EG specialisation aims to develop professionals who are able to address policy problems broadly, and in the field of social policy and market regulation specifically. The focal point is on welfare states and markets. You learn about the role of government in creating, facilitating and controlling markets. You also examine the status of the current welfare state, such as the pension system, social security, labour markets, and income distribution in society; and the challenges the welfare state currently confronts.
3 Reasons to choose EG at Leiden University
In this unique and relevant specialisation track of the MSc Public Administration:
- You get truly multidisciplinary perspectives, as the programme is a collaboration of the Institute of Public Administration and the Department of Economics;
- The combination of PA and Economics focused on markets, governance and regulation is unique to Leiden;
- You study in The Hague, international city of peace and justice, home to many international governance and policy-making organisations.
Is EG the right programme for you?
- Are you interested in developing your skills in economic reasoning, conducting economic analysis, and working with data and statistics?
- At the same time are you interested in the interplay between governance and the world’s economies?
- Do you want to find solutions to societal issues through a multi-level, multi-stakeholder governance perspective?
- Do you want a multidisciplinary MSc PA programme that combines Economics and Public Administration and is taught at a high academic level?
Then this is the study for you!