Economics and Governance (MSc)
Why Leiden University?
Solving societal problems often requires a solid multidisciplinary preparation. The Economics and Governance specialisation, offered by the Department of Economics and the Institute of Public Administration, combines insights from both disciplines.
Study Economics and Governance at Leiden University
- The Economics and Governance specialisation is offered by the Department of Economics and the renowned Institute of Public Administration – a unique multidisciplinary approach.
- You study in The Hague, a hub of international governance organisations – an ideal environment.
- You study in the modern new Wijnhaven Building in the midst of ministries and international organisations.
- You benefit from the strong academic orientation of this programme.
- A unique degree that is highly valued in both the public – and the private sector.
Study at the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs
The Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs (FGGA) is Leiden University’s youngest faculty, launched in response to increasingly urgent socio-cultural issues. The FGGA is an internationally acclaimed academic knowledge hub that studies world-wide issues from the perspectives of governance, politics, law, sociology and economics. FGGA is active in its quest for multidisciplinary academic networks; through its academic institutes and knowledge centres, FGGA contributes to far-reaching socio-cultural debates.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University