Economic and Consumer Psychology (MSc)
Why Psychology in Leiden?
Students and lecturers from around the world who have obtained international training, experience and exposure bring an international and multi-cultural perspective on psychology and being a psychologist to class.
Five reasons to study a master's specialisation in Psychology
- Education and research are closely connected at Leiden University. This means that teaching is often done by top researchers and it means that our students get acquainted with research throughout the whole study programme.
- You will combine scientific knowledge and various research- and practical skills like observation, presentation and interview techniques, but also argumentation.
- In our teaching, we offer a variety of teaching formats: lectures, work groups, practicals, and individual supervision. We use modern ICT tools and blended learning to support our teaching in the master's programme.
- You will receive intensive study guidance from study advisers, and internship and thesis mentors.
- You will enrich yourself in an international classroom and you will get to know students and teachers with different cultural backgrounds. This offers an extra learning experience while there are almost 50 different nationalities within the master's programme in Psychology.
Study at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
The Institute of Psychology is housed in the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences within walking distance of the Leiden Central railway station. If you travel by train, a 5-minute walk will take you from the back of the station to the Pieter de la Court building. Here you'll find:
- Research labs
- Lecture halls
- Rutorial rooms
- A library with 70,000 printed specialist publications and extensive digital collections
- About 300 computer workstations for students located in several places in the building
- The FSW cafe or restaurant to chat with your fellow students
- The psychology study association Labyrint
Master Thesis Lab
The Master Thesis Lab is a unique facility at our Faculty of Social and Behavioural Science. It provides students writing their master’s thesis with work spaces, assistance and advice on statistical and qualitative research, and online information.
POPcorner: Support in study and student life
Tackling your study in the right way does not come easily to everyone or at every time. In the POPcorner our Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences offers a unique facility set up in close consultation with students of varying cultural and social backgrounds. Through workshops, advice and online information we offer training and know-how about finding your way in academic and student life.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University