Economic and Consumer Psychology (MSc)
Is this the master's specialisation of your choice? Please read here about the admissibility for this programme.
Students with a Bachelor in Psychology from Leiden University are directly eligible for admission, if at least the appropiate specialisation course is completed. Students must apply in Studielink, preferably no later than 1 month before the start of the programme. There is no need to submit an application for admission using the online application portal.
The entry requirements for current Psychology Bachelor students from Leiden University who would like to continue a master's in Leiden can be found on the student website.
Prospective students should:
- have earned a Bachelor degree at a Research University (not at a University of Applied Sciences / Professional Education) or demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements for such a degree, and;
- have sufficient knowledge of Methodology and Statistics (at least 20 EC): introductory and more advanced courses in methods and statistics of psychological research (including psychometrics, multivariate data analysis) and the use of SPSS, and;
- possess the skills, understanding and knowledge that are required for earning the bachelor’s degree; more specifically knowledge on university level of the following topics:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Social and Organisational Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Neuropsychology and/or Psychophysiology and/or Biopsychology
- Clinical and Abnormal Psychology
- Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Theory or training in interpersonal skills, such as interview, counselling, discussion techniques
- Theory or training in psycho diagnostics
- Advanced courses (at least 30 ec) on a third year Bachelor level on topics pertaining to this master specialisation
Prospective students should have proof of thorough proficiency in English by means of one of the following tests :
- IELTS overall 7.0 and band scores of at least 6.5
- TOEFL IBT 100, with the following minimum band scores: 22 (reading), 22 (listening), 22 (speaking) and 25 (writing)
For detailed information about which English qualifications are accepted, as well as the relevant exemption criteria, refer to English language proficiency.
Please note: You do not have to submit proof of proficiency if you have completed your education in Canada (except French-taught programmes in Canada), USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or when you hold an International Baccalaureate, or for Dutch students, if you have completed VWO level English or an English taught bachelor at a Dutch Research University.