Social and Organisational Psychology (research) (MSc)
- Part of
- Psychology (research) (MSc)
The Social and Organisational Psychology specialisation offers in-depth knowledge of a broad range of theories and research domains in this area, all concerning the way people’s social environment influences thoughts, feelings, and behaviour.
Lisa van Es
Junior Management Consultant at Capgemini
The Social & Organisational Research Master not only prepares students to obtain a PhD, but also teaches strong analytical skills which I am going to put into practice during my work as a consultant.
What I liked most about the extra year that the research master provides is that it gives opportunities to learn more. Part of the programme is learning how to code experiments, for example. I think coding or programming is a very valuable life skill in the modern world.
What does this master's programme entail?
The main aim of this specialisation is to provide a broad overview of classic and more recent approaches. You will be trained to integrate different perspectives and findings, in order to develop novel research questions. Through written assignments and discussions and presentations in small groups you will practice developing theory-driven analyses of a range of issues in social and organisational psychology, and learn how to examine these with advanced research methods.
Reasons to choose Social and Organisational Psychology at Leiden University
- A Research Master's degree will give you a great perspective on a future in research within the public or private sector.
- A Research Master's degree is the perfect way to preare for a PhD programme.
- Because only the most talented and motivated students will be admitted to the Research Master's track, you will be guaranteed to be challenged during your studies.
- Because the Research Master is a two-year academic programme, you really have the possibility to delve deep into Psychological theories about the subjects that interest you the most. This is also a great way to develop your research skills.
Social and Organisational Psychology: the right programme for you?
Students who choose to take the Research Master’s track Social and Organisational Psychology acquire in-depth knowledge of a broad range of theories and research domains in this area, all concerning the way people’s social environment influences thoughts, feelings, and behaviour.
This programme focuses specifically on processes within and between groups. Examples of theory development and research in each of these areas are conflict management, leadership, social dilemmas, diversity, stereotyping and prejudice, individual and group decision making. Relevant fields for application are organisation and management in particular, but also economic behaviour and environmental issues. This track is the ideal start for a PhD programme in Social and Organizational Psychology.